Translate

Sunday 8 September 2013

Me my best friend

I have been able to overcome the frustrating feeling, feeling of letting go, letting go things that really mattered once.  At first I used to get frustrated when I was not able to catch my school bus in time or when I was not able to reach in time for a movie premier. It felt so bad to lose money as well in a lottery ticket.

It was always a shock; I locked myself in my room for hours and sometimes days.  It felt so bad; sometimes I used to get upset when a close buddy of mine won’t show up when I needed him around. I was so possessive, that I would get frustrated when I needed to go back home to finish my homework and he would stay back playing with other friends.

I was not ready to let go. It was always impossible for me. But nature has its own way of teaching you the lessons you refuse to take. Gradually, I started learning that letting go opens up new avenues and prospects that you never would have experienced without losing things that you keep in hand so tightly that there is no space for anything new or there is no way for something exciting, to get into your hands as you keep your fists firmly bunged.

So without me, ever noticing the reason, it started happening. I had to let go my good friends in school when I finished elementary school and joined high school far away from home.  Then the bigger things were lost, when we moved from that city where I was born and I grew up.

But the biggest loss was losing relationships and losing the most important ones. And losing the closest relations is lot more painful and extremely difficult when only the relationship dies, not the person. I was lost, torn apart; felt like something died inside me and sensed the most awful thing “self- pity” for months.  It seemed like eternity, felt like it would never end.

But you know what? It didn't. It was over too, I started feeling better and I was OK and you know, I am now a master of letting it all go. I was not afraid to lose.  Now it’s not a big deal losing relationships, because I have learnt, that when someone departs from your life for good, there is always an empty space, a vacuity and we all know that it’s a law of nature that vacuity or vacuums are never left vacant, always filled  swiftly.

I was not petrified to lose anything now. I slacken my fists; felt so good, so optimistic. I become intrepid soul, a liberated soul blessed with the foretaste of The Divine Sufficiency.

Now I am never alone and a friend of myself. I discovered that it was wonderful spending time with me, talking to myself criticizing, joking and teasing myself. I get lonely without me and I miss myself when I don't find time to spend with me. I don’t even get bored. It feels, time is always  too short to spend with myself.

It was not that I am not happy when I am not alone or with people around me, It is just that I am not scared, bored or upset being alone. Instead I love spending time with me. Have you ever been able to that to yourself too? Try it..:)


No comments: